The Zimbabwe Miners Federation held an inaugural meeting with the Northern Region Custom Millers at the ZMF Head Office today 16/04/2021.
The meeting was attended by the Zimbabwe miners Federation President Madam H.B. Rushwaya, The Secretary General Mr. M. Mugawu the CEO Mr. W. Takavarasha and Mash East Regional Rep Mrs Chimanikire.
The major issues discussed were:
1) EMA charges
2) RDC charges
3) ZESA rates
4) Hammer Mill control and regulation mechanisms
5) The need for Custom Millers to be constantly innovative inorder to survive the industry.
6) Impartation of knowledge to guard against pilferages of gold.
A Northern Region Interim Committee was set up to put structures in the Provinces and Districts .
The Northern Region Interim Committee Members are:
1) Mr. T. Mharadze as (Chairman.)
2) Mrs. C. Alexander (Vice Chairperson)
3) Mr. R. Chakavarika (Secretary)
4) Mrs. S. Dumbura (Treasurer)
5) Mr. F. Nyangwe (Committee Member)
6) Mr. J. Nyakudziwanza (Committee Member)
The ZMF President undertook to do country-wide interface meetings with the various Custom Millers and Elution Plant owners inorder to understand and appreciate challenges befacing the sector .